Sunday, 24 February 2013

Male Cards - Sport


Today I am showing a couple of male cards I have made.

This is an 8"x 8"card.
I stitched the cup, the green with the flag and the golfer, the pattern I got from When I stitched the golfer I coloured him in using promarkers. The sentiment is from Kanban and came in white, I used Tim Holtz, distress ink (Bundled Sage) to colour it, I then matted and layered is using patterned paper from Paper Cellar - Men 2.

For the insert I used a Clarity Stamp of a golf ball to stamp around the edge.

This is an 8"x 8" card
This card was very simple (no sewing involved).  The toper and sentiment was from Kanban - I think. The paper was again from Paper Cellar - Men 2. which I layered onto blue card, which I embossed using the M-Bossabilities folder - Dainty Dots.

For the insert I used a Clarity Stamp of a football to stamp around the edge.

Thank you for looking in.  

Saturday, 23 February 2013

Here are some more cards I have made:-


I started this 8"x 8"card by choosing the circular topper (Hunkydory, Vintage Blossoms), I then picked out the colour of the topper to stitch the pattern (Hobbydols 95) around the topper. then I cut a frame using Spellbinders - Grand Labels one.
I matted and layered onto some white card and bronze card which I then embossed using
Spellbinders - M-Bossabilities A4 size folder (Dainty Dots).

The flower and leaves:- I used a spellbinders die (Delicate Asters) these flowers are lovely and so easy to put together once you have cut them out, I think I will be using these dies quite a lot. The corners are Spellbinders (Lattice Accents).

Tomorrow I will show a couple of male cards, which will be a sport design.

Thank you for looking in, please feel free to leave a comment or a suggestion if you think I could have done something different with the card.

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Shared 30th Birthday Invitation

My Daughter and her friend Nick, were both 30th last year, so decided they were going to have a joint birthday bash.  They rented a large 12 bedroom house so they could enjoy the weekend with friends and family.

We travelled up to see the house a few weeks before the party weekend to see the rooms (and plan who would sleep where) also to take photos.  I used this photo of them at the main door for the front of the invitation, (invite had four pages). I know it looks like they are getting engaged or married but they are just best friends...honest....

The next page had the address and time with details of their room.
I made the key fobs using a spellbinder die and the key I cut using my Cricut.
On the Saturday night they hired caterers, so we added the menu, so the guests could choose their starter and main meal prior to the weekend.

Everyone had a great time, and my Daugher, Sarah and her friend were very happy with the invitations. 

Monday, 18 February 2013

Stitched Birds

Hello, I thought as today was sunny and feels like spring, I would show a couple of cards I have made with birds on.
The top card:- I stitch a pattern around a bird topper (I think it was Hunkydory), picking out the colours of the bird. I thought the swirls in the stitched pattern went with the tail on the bird.
The bottom card:- I found this "bird in a cage" pattern on Form-A-Lines website. I cut the shape around the cage and birds using Spellbinders - Labels Eight - and then inked

Sunday, 17 February 2013

Paper Cottage

This beautiful cottage (as my son's girl friend insists on calling it) - was my first attempt to create a paper cottage. This was a prototype from the techniques we learnt during a crafting evening with friends. My friend Janice had the challenge of guiding us through the task - she was the teacher for the evening to help us build our paper cottages.

The first step was to build the three little drawers as the foundation of the house and it was important to me to decide the exact colours that I would use for the doors, windows and background paper. I used Spellbinders D-lites for the Windows, and decided to add some floral vellum behind the windows,  adding yellow vellum to the top window to give the impression of a light on upstairs. The fence was again Spellbinders D-lites, which I put onto acetate so it would stay upright.