Monday, 26 May 2014

Crafty time just flies by...

Hello Blog Readers,

I thought I would show you something I made using a very very cheap clock, which I bought from a 99p shop, so yes it cost just 99p.

I dismantled the clock and removed the cardboard clock face.  I used the cardboard clock face as a template for the base colour.  

First I cut the base paper and glued this in place using Cosmic Acrylic Glue.  I then cut a circle using one of the Spellbinders Grand Decorative Circles One, in plain cream paper.
The flowers and leaves are Spellbinders Delicate Asters, which I cut using plan and patterned paper, I then inked the edges with  distress ink and glues a gem in the centre of each flower.

The two large butterflies are Spellbinders, Les Papillions, with some gems glued along the body of the butterfly.  The two smaller butterflies are from Spellbinders, Jewel Flowers and Flourishes.  I also glued a piece of lace I had in my stash.

I then put the frame and glass back on, so this is it with a silver frame.

The next picture shows the clock picture with a pattern frame, which I have cut using Spellbinders Grand Decorative Circles One.  I haven't glued the frame in place yet, as I'm not sure if I like it with or without the frame.

Let me know why you think?

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. x

Thursday, 8 May 2014

Flowery wooden butterfly plaque

Hello Blog Readers

I thought I would share with you a plaque that I have made.

The idea started when I attended a class at Christine Embersons shop - Hope & Chances Creativity - which is in Gravesend.  We decorated a heart shape plaque, this was how my one came out. 


 I was pleased with the result and so thought I would try to decorated another shape.  My friend Janice had bought some wooden butterfly plaques from Anna Marie Designs, you get three sizes, I picked the middle size one (6" x 83/4") to decorate.

Here is the list of the papers, dies and adhesives which I used:-

Paper - DCWV Paper pad - The letterpress stack.  
Dies - Spellbinders:- Rose Creations,  Jewel Flowers & Flourishes
           Robert Adams:- Alphabets
Adhesives:- Rangers:- Glue 'n' seal and Cosmic Shimmer, acrylic glue.
Tim Holtz Distress inks
Lace, gems and ribbon
Emery board

I used the wooden plaque to draw around the shape on the paper and cut out, I coated the wooden shape with the glue 'n' seal to adhere the base paper to the board, I then put this to one side to dry.

 I then cut out the flowers, leaves, butterflies and flourishes, I inked the edges of the flowers and leaves with distress ink, then curled the flowers into shape before layering them up to the size I wanted.
I then sanded the edge of the butterfly (with the emery board) using a downward motion, this gives the edge a very neat finish. Once I had been all around the edge, I used distress ink around the edge to soften the look of the edge.

I then glued the flowers, flourishes, little butterflies, lace and gems into place and tied the ribbon to hang the plaque.

I'm quite pleased with the end result.

I will be back again soon. Thank you for looking in. x