Saturday 8 June 2013

Birthday Ballet

My partner asked me to make a card for his Granddaughters 7th birthday - let me side track for one minute...........I live with my partner but I don't really know if I like this term, partner but I don't like the other choices - Other Half or Boyfriend (think I'm too old for that one) and as we're not married I can not call him my husband! If anyone has another name/term, please let me know. 

.....Back to my card, his Granddaughter does ballet, which she enjoys and she loves the colour pink.
I had some 12 x 12 paper which I had bought sometime ago, it had pictures of ballet shoes, ballet dresses, bicycles, telephones, butterflies and it was coloured pink.

 I covered the front and inside of an 8 x 8 card. I turned the front of the card over and covered this triangle shape in some different pink card.  I cut some square card, and cut out the ballet shoes and ballet dress from the patterned paper, I mounted these onto the square card. I trimmed the dress with some pink gems and put a gem on each of the ballet shoes.  I trimmed the square card with some fine line peel offs, the wording was also peel offs, I also placed four candy dots in each corner.



On the inside of the card I cut out a frame, using a spellbinder die and stamped a little verse, from Clarity Stamps.

Hope you like it, I know his Granddaughter did.  Stop by soon, to see what I make next.

2 comments:

  1. A pretty card Sally, I'm glad his granddaughter liked the card, as for your partner why not call him "your old man" xx Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice, I will have to try that one out...xx

      Delete