Friday 5 July 2013

Male 65th Birthday Card

 Hello blog viewers
Today I am showing you a card I made for a friend who wanted a card for their Dads 65th birthday.

The shirt was made by using a template I bought from Sharons Cards. I used some striped paper for the tie and to trim the top of the pocket.  I had some shirt buttons which I stitched with black cotton and then glued to the shirt cuffs and one just under the bottom of the tie. I had a black and silver brad so I used this on the tie so it would look like a tie pin.  I put the 65 on the pocket using peel offs.

The beer glass and bottles of beer were from a magazine 'Making Cards for men'.  

 When you open up the card you find a verse


And then you open the other side and you find........Newcastle United football club emblem, as you may guess, my friends Dad is a football fan. 



I liked making this card, as I do find it hard to make male cards.  Hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Sally to do several layers for the card. Each side is different but works well together. xx Janice xx

    ReplyDelete