Friday 17 May 2013

Wedding Day

My daughter asked me to make a wedding card for her friends, with a difference. The wedding she was attending was a civil partnership, and her friends were both girls.  My daughter didn't want the card to say 'civil partnership', she said it was their wedding day so wanted the card to say so.
 I remembered I had bought a celebration pack from Create & Craft TV (sorry, I can not remember the maker) not only did it have wedding day, engagement, birth toppers but it had civi partnership toppers for male and female.
You will see that the oval topper with the wedding cake has two brides and the square topper has 'On Your Wedding Day'.  This was just what my daughter wanted.

I embossed some white pearlised card, with an A4 embossability folder from Spellbinders, and mounted this onto rainbow mirror card and then onto pink paper.  I wrapped some pink ribbon around the mounted cards and then added some thinner white and silver ribbon, and the pink wedding toppers. I then attached this all onto 8"x 8" card.

I had some mirror card and embossed card left over, so made this bookmark, adding some orange ribbon and a butterfly charm.


3 comments:

  1. a beautiful wedding card Sally, very fitting and a lovely delicate shade of pink. I hope they have a wonderful day and are pleased with their card. Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy after the visit of this blog because it contains an informative and amazing post which i liked very much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, I am pleased you liked it.

      Delete