Monday 25 March 2013

Floral Birthday

While on holiday recently, I stitched a few patterns so that I had them ready to make into cards once I got home.
I like this pattern, I think it's pretty and delicate looking. I added very pale pink beads and pick flowers, and stitched the butterfly using a multi coloured thread.  Now I had to decided how I wanted this to look as a card.


I embossed some green card and mounted it onto some patterned mirror card, I then mounted the stitched pattern onto the same patterned mirror card.  I attached the green card to my card blank (A5 size) at an angle and then mounted the stitched pattern in the opposite direction. This is quite a good way of matting and layering if you are not very good at keeping your lines straight or even.
I didn't think this needed any other picture, so I used a Kanban sentiment topper, which I coloured with my promarkers.
Hope you like it. Take care x
                                        

2 comments:

  1. So delicate and very pretty, gorgeous butterfly too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sally, good idea off-setting the layers. I always think I've got it straight until the glue has set then it always seems to have moved. lol xx Janice

    ReplyDelete